Updated: November 7, 2022
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
In the course of operating the Services, Zingeroo may collect or receive the following types of information, which may include personal information.
We collect contact information on our Services; contact information typically includes your name, email address, and any information you provide in messages to us. We use such contact information for purposes such as registering an account for you, providing you with information about the Services, responding to your inquiries, sending you email alerts (including marketing emails), and providing the Services to you.
To register for an account, you will be required to create a username and password, which is collected and used to provide you access to the Services. You will also be asked to upload a profile picture so that members of the Services can identify you. Additionally, we collect information you provide through messages with members of the Services so that you may interact and communicate with each other.
Server Log Information
Our servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of such access, including the device’s IP address, user agent string (e.g., operating system and browser type/version), the pages you’ve clicked on while on our Services, and details regarding your activity on the Services such as the amount of time spent on the Services and other performance and usage data. We may use these log files for purposes such as assisting in monitoring and troubleshooting errors and incidents, analyzing traffic, or optimizing the user experience.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We collect information using “cookie” and other similar technologies. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s or mobile device’s hard drive (or other storage medium) so that your computer will “remember” information about your use. We use 1st and 3rd-party session cookies and persistent cookies. Below is a general primer on session and persistent cookies; information collected by cookies depends on their particular purpose. For more information, please see the information regarding analytics providers and remarketers discussed further below.
- Session Cookies: We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Services. A session ID cookie expires when you close the Services.
- Persistent Cookies: A persistent cookie remains on your device for an extended period of time or until you delete it. To the extent we provide a log-in portal or related feature on our Services, a persistent cookie can be used to store your password so that you don’t have to enter it more than once.
If you do not want us to place a cookie on your device, you may be able to turn that feature off on your device’s browser. Please consult your browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, certain aspects of the Services may not function properly or as intended.
Third-Party Analytics Providers
For Google Analytics, please visit: https://www.google.com/analytics
In an ongoing effort to better understand our users and their use of the Services, we might analyze your information in aggregate form to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Services to current and prospective customers and business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
Onward Transfer to Third Parties
- Like many businesses, we hire other companies to perform certain business-related services. We disclose certain types of personal information to third-party companies but only to the extent needed to enable them to provide such services. The types of companies that receive personal information and their functions are: financial services vendors such as Apex Clearing and Apex Crypto, hosting services, technical assistance, background and credit checking services, database management/back-up services, use analytics, email marketing platforms, and customer service.
- In order to provide our Services and administer promotional programs, we may share your personal information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our various programs.
- We may, from time to time, share and/or license personal information to other companies who may provide you information about the products and services they or their partners offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of such sharing.
- Z-Squared Securities LLC (“Z-Squared”) receives information in connection with their provision of brokerage and related services.
- Zingeroo Crypto receives information in connection with their provision of cryptocurrency related services.
If you are a consumer of Z-Squared’s brokerage services, please see our Consumer Privacy-Statement for more information about how Z-Squared processes your personal information and additional options you may have.
Disclosure to Public Authorities
We are required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including for the purpose of meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also disclose personal information to other third parties when compelled to do so by government authorities or required by law or regulation including, but not limited to, in response to court orders and subpoenas.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL NON-US RESIDENTS
Our servers are located in the US and elsewhere. Please be aware that your information may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your country of origin. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Services, you do so at your own risk.
YOUR PRIVACY CONTROLS
You may control our access to your device information in your device’s settings. For example, you may withdraw permission for the Zingeroo App to access or collect certain personal information.
You may opt out at any time from the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes by emailing the instructions to email@example.com, or by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any Zingeroo marketing email and following the instructions found on the page to which the link takes you. Please allow us a reasonable time to process your request. You cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to the Services.
If you are a consumer of Z-Squared’s brokerage services, in some cases, you can limit sharing between Zingeroo affiliates. Please refer to our Consumer Privacy-Statement for more information about exercising opt-out rights.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship (and that are not otherwise exempt) have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, including the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. If you wish to submit a request pursuant to Section 1798.83, please contact Zingeroo via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO NOT TRACK
Zingeroo does not respond to “Do Not Track” settings or other related mechanisms at this time.
NEVADA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal information to third parties who intend to license or sell that personal information. You can exercise this right by contacting us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your personal information as defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
LINKS TO EXTERNAL WEBSITES
HOW TO CONTACT US